Claudia Monk-von Flotow, Developer, (formerly) Key Development / (now) Hood River
This presentation introduces a specific site transition from 1890s industrial to 2020s mixed- use in Hood River, Oregon. Two case studies are presented on weathering the COVID storm in wood buildings.
- Mixing uses within wood buildings
- Mixing uses within a busy waterfront district: recreational, industrial, and retail/commercial
- Adapting spaces through the global pandemic
- Adapting spaces as the nature of “work” evolves
- Working with public agencies and business stakeholders to meet economic development goals